Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Better Late than Never

Welcome to my very first blog post.  My name is Pete Axelson and I'm the Pastor of Covenant Community Church in East Sandwich Massachusetts, and as this blog being my first would indicate, slowly but surely I'm becoming a 21st century pastor.  You may be wondering about the name of my blog so allow me to enlighten you.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.  In him was life, and the life was the light of men.  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1: 1-5

So the "Word" in Word Dwellings is and has everything to do with Jesus Christ.  He is my Lord, Savior, redeemer, and friend.  I believe true freedom in this life is only found through Him and His teachings.  So therefore I believe we should do all we can to dwell on His words to us, and allow Jesus "The Word" to dwell in us.  With that in mind, another verse comes to mind.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom.  Colossians 3:16a

If this blog can lead to Christ's word dwelling in us more richly and we can gain a little more wisdom because of it, than that would make my day, week, month, year, and however long this blog might last.

Lent is around the corner.  As always it kicks off with Ash Wednesday, and that's tomorrow (February 13th, 2013).  I'll be taking part in Lent this year, and I hope you will join me in an ongoing blog-devo. through out this meaningful season.


1 comment:

  1. The great Sheppard of East Sandwich has been called to the blog. Did you name your blog yet? If not, might I suggest "The Passion of the Blog" or "The Blog of Christ". Either way, congratulations Pastor Pete. :-) -Will M.

    ReplyDelete